The role of the CCHE Department of Research is
- Facilitating the development, implementation and ongoing operation of the clinical protocols/research studies
- Statistical validity of study design,
- Appropriateness of endpoints, and
- The accrual potential of a study ensuring that clinical protocols/research studies can be completed in a reasonable time frame.
- The prioritisation of new clinical protocols relative to competing studies.
- Suspension and Closure of Studies
- Approving Study Initiation
- The progress of all approved institutional clinical protocols/research studies to ensure adherence to the approved study design.
- Ensuring Patient accrual is occurring as planned and
- That observed toxicities and Adverse Events (AEs) are consistent with those expected.
Research Strategic Goals 2011/2013
- Strategic Goal 1
Continuous Improvement of Clinical Protocols Performance through establishing good clinical practice standards for treatment and supportive care.
- Strategic Goal 2
Develop ongoing benchmarking comparative Research Publication.
- Strategic Goal 3
To gain financial sustainability, promote research grants through international collaboration and funding opportunities.
- Strategic Goal 4
Unleash research development capability in potential areas of focus through shared knowledge and collaboration with the multi-disciplinary team.
- Strategic Goal 5
Maximize individual motivation and opportunity for skills and retain employees